Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ANIME!!!

So Bill was all like: "Miyazaki was influenced by Disney, nature is awesome, we learn about what nature should be from animated films as kids...."

The lecture reminded me I have not seen Bambi since I was a kid. And I will definitely see it again soon. Bill showed the way Disney was presenting sexuality. All nice and clean, except for a few "full body erections".

On the other side of the Pacific Japanese animation also known as Anime is more explicit. Their animation is very explicit. I am sure they have some more suitable children animation, but they are famous for their Hentai, the sex and gore packed animations.




See the difference?


Teh other thing Bill did not mention (or did he? can not remember) is the influence of Japanese animation on the western world. More and more animations are trying to simulate the animation style of drawing and animation. So I guess the exchange goes both way.

No comments:

Post a Comment